Monday, December 10, 2012

Fun time is over. Long live fun time.

Every year I like to have at least one good chunk of time free from structured training - I call it fun time. Fun time after Lake Stevens 70.3 in August went as planned, with lots of activity and a general reignition of the training spark. I had just started marathon training when my headaches flared up at the end of September and life became distinctly un-fun - increased daily pain and increased migraine frequency. My training was so disrupted it's probably a good thing I didn't have a marathon to run, after all.

I'd love to say that my second round of fun time in November worked, that the rest was restorative and the headaches backed off, but other than a few good weeks here and there, that's not the case. Instead, I've got no base, no speed, weird aches & pains, and side effects from new headache meds. 

2 comments:

  1. NODM half is really fun. I really liked scotia bank vancouver half last year as well. Both are in June.

    Running should be fun and it is always good to engage that aspect of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, NODM looks like a great race - definitely adding that to the list!

      Delete